Tuesday, November 23, 2010

VeganMoFo: Mom's Lasagna


In my opinion, my mom makes the best lasagna ever. It seems that whenever I make it, I use the same method, and pretty much the same ingredients (this component of her lasagna changes based on what she has on hand), but I can never duplicate her results. Maybe the secret ingredient really is love. I think someone who loves you, spending the time to create something really tasty creates the best food.

My mom's lasagna usually contains cottage cheese and cow's milk mozzarella, but when we're together she makes a mean vegan lasagna for everyone to enjoy. Last night's version contained black olives, artichoke hearts, and hearts of palm, plus a lovely tofu ricotta based on the recipe found in Vegan with a Vengeance, two jars of sauce, lasagna noodles (of course,) and it was topped with Daiya.

Sorry for the crappy nighttime photos.



2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet that your mom makes vegan lasagna for you! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाJanuary 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM

    Your lasagna looks marvelous :-)

    ReplyDelete