Thursday, November 4, 2010

VeganMoFo: Root Veggie Soup and a Sundae


I decided to take a very short break from my MoFo theme to bring you Fill-up-a-pot-with-leftover-veggies-from-farm-share Soup, starring heirloom leeks, beets, green onions, carrots, oregano, and parsley, along with cans of kidney beans and diced tomatoes, splash of extra virgin olive oil, and a bit of salt and pepper. You see, Thursdays are pick up days for our weekly farm share. I wanted to use up the remaining "old" stuff to make room for the new.

I also couldn't resist showing you the awesomeness that is the pumpkin/chocolate soft serve sundae I picked up at Back to Eden today. I had mine topped with housemade caramel sauce, rainbow sprinkles, and chopped peanuts. By the time I got it home to snap a photo of it, the sundae was a tad melty, but still so tasty.

PS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIEND JASON!

3 comments:

  1. A pumpkin chocolate sundae? Oh that sounds so good. Wish I had one right now. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sundae!! gah. and i love beet soup.
    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete