Friday, October 30, 2009

VEGANMOFO 2009: Favorite Vegans Tribute IV

The Vegan Tribute week continues. Tonight's featured vegan is DocDufresne. DocDufresne is a lover of simplicity. He is also on a nutrition kick. Sorry, I have just been informed that it is not a "kick", it's a "lifestyle." Another thing that DocDufresne loves is the beet, which he had for the first time when he came to visit me...for the first time...in Florida three years ago. In honor of DocDufresne, I've put together a healthy, delicious, and simple meal, with the lovey-dovey element of hearts (that could also be festive for Halloween...) thrown in.

Steamed Heart-Shaped Turnips and Beets in a lemon garlic sauce, Atop Millet
Lentil Soup with Kale, Carrots, Potatoes, Onion, and Tomatoes (and other stuff)
Oolong Tea (DocDufresne's favorite), served in the cups and tea pot I purchased on Etsy as an anniversary gift for Doc.I love that the cooler weather is here and we can now have tea ALL the time!!

1 comment:

  1. The heart shaped beets and turnips are absolutely adorable. Great idea!

    Doc has shared that he has been banned from using certain nutrition words. My husband also has been banned from saying certain things (non nutrition related) so you have my sympathies. Your opening to this post made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete