Friday, October 30, 2009

VEGANMOFO 2009: Dinner at Bacio

Last night DocDufresne and I attended a Meetup dinner at Bacio Italian Restaurante in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Philadelphia. We thought the occasion provided a worthy break from the Vegan Tribute week. The photos below are most of what was ordered by the five people that attended. We ordered a lot, but not that much!

Eggplant RolatiniThis looked so good. I'll have to try it next time!

Pasta e FagioliI order this every time. It's simple and delicious.

Caprese salad (with marinated tofu instead of mozzarella)This was very tasty. As I remember, mozzarella doesn't have that much flavor. The marinated tofu definitely worked as a replacement. This is a dish I've been meaning to make myself, so I'm even more motivated to do so now.

Beet saladThis is another one that we haven't ordered before, despite our love of beets. I think we've opted not to order this because we eat beets so much and figured it was pretty similar to what we make at home. I'm having second thoughts. This looked good.

LasagnaJay made the lasagna special for our group. It was de-lish! I'm so glad we got a chance to try it. Thanks, Jay!

"Meat" balls
These "meat" balls were another special item offered for the night. They were really yummy, filled with red pepper and other veggies. They were a bit soft, but I don't know that this was a bad thing.

RavioliYum! The ravioli changes each time. Tonight it was quite large and filled with a cheesy mixture.

CanoliThese expensive little bugges ($3 each) are quite delicious too.

No comments:

Post a Comment