I made Triple-Berry Muffins with Crumb Topping the other day. Recipe was mostly based on Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping recipe from Vegweb. I don't have a large muffin tin (and wanted big muffins), so I used my popover pan and as you can see, the resulting muffins weren't able to stand up on their own. Oh well! They were gooood.
Tonight I made a tres yummy soup.
Creamy Cauliflower, Potato, and Roasted Garlic Soup
(topped with sundried tomatoes, sauteed oyster mushrooms, and garlic rosemary-infused olive oil)
makes 5-6 servings
1 head garlic
2 tbsp Earth Balance
2 tbsp flour
6 cups unsweetened soy milk
2 Russet potatoes, cubed
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1-2 tbsp onion powder
1 package oyster mushrooms
1 clove garlic
sundried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pull off as much skin on the garlic head as possible. Put in an oven-safe container and cover generously with oil. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. (Or speed up the process and pull apart the cloves, leaving the skin on. Cover in oil and back for about 10 minutes.)
2. Melt the Earth Balance in a pan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and then the soy milk.
3. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook until soft.
4. Peel the garlic cloves and add to the soup pot. Add the rosemary and onion powder.
5. Saute the mushrooms in a pan in a little olive oil. Set aside in a bowl.
6. Crush a clove of garlic and add to 2 tbsp olive oil in the small pan used for the mushrooms. Cook on the lowest eat possible for ten minutes.
7. Blend the soup, either with an immersion blender, or in batches (after cooled) in a regular blender.
8. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Top with sauteed mushrooms and infused oil.
Also, cute pictures of Anderson.