Monday, May 11, 2009

Etsy, where have you been all my life?

As DocDufresne can attest, lately I've had two obsessions. One is the forum on Post Punk Kitchen. The second is Etsy, which I actually learned about on PPK.

Etsy is "your place to buy and sell all things handmade." If you appreciate art and homemade crafts like me, you could easily wind up spending hours each day exploring this innovative site. Eventually when I've settled somewhere and can have my art room, equipped with lovely things like a kiln, paper cutting tools, and every color acrylic possible, I'll open my own Etsy shop. For now I'm content buying gifts (some for me) and ordering custom projects like my uber secret recipe project that JoanTheMad is helping me with, and a t-shirt project that WhiskeyDogPrintShop is working on, featuring my ubiquitous mascot, the one and only Anderson Dufresne. I can't wait!

Etsy is such a gem. This website provides you with the ability to purchase one-of-a-kind art directly from the (sometimes "starving") artists, supporting their craft at reasonable prices.

You can find a gift for anyone on Etsy, from cookies to pottery, handmade clothing to paintings.

So far I have purchased a cute piggy planter from FruiteFlyPie,


flannel menstrual pads from strangeandviolent (vegan seller),


chocolate chip cookies, maple candied walnuts, and coconut almond truffles from SweetFritsy, (vegan seller),


designed t-shirts (on thrift store shirts: awesome!) from WhiskeyDogPrintShop,


and jewelry (a birthday gift) from LillyQueen.



Seriously. Go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Andy sure seems to have made some fun new friends at the park. Does he sneak out at night and party with them? J

    ReplyDelete