Saturday, August 1, 2009

A year, already

In celebration of our one year wedding anniversary, I'm posting photos from DocDufresne's and my wedding on August 2, 2009. They were taken by my good friend, Carly of Rainforest Reflections Photography.
The wedding was truly personal with so many friends and family helping out with everything from the food preparation to the invitation design to one good friend becoming a notary public to officiate the wedding. We were married at an organic farm in rural New Hampshire, close to where we met in person after communicating on Veggiedate over three years ago now. The wedding had a large environmental component, including everything from our with second-hand clothing (my dress was an Ebay find for $9!) and wedding rings to the completely vegan menu. We didn't spend a lot on our special day and asked guests to donate to Farm Sanctuary instead of bringing gifts. I learned so much from the planning of this day that I almost wish I had another chance to do it all again (or someone to give pointers to)! Thanks again to all the wonderful people in our lives that helped us create such happy memories.

I left out many photos from the prep and the rehearsal, since I'm already posting a ton.






























DocDufresne, as on the day we met and on the day we were married, I hope we continue to get caught in the rain together for the rest of our lives. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your one year anniversary! You look gorgeous and very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, and I love the orangey color scheme. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete