Friday, April 17, 2009

Playing with Molds

DocDufresne and I had a craving for brownies the other night, so I made some and used a muffin tin that produces heart-shaped goodies. I used this recipe from Vegweb, but needed to add 4+ tbsp of soy creamer because the batter, as delicious as it was, was way too thick. I also decided to make a caramel-type topping.
"Caramel-type Topping"

Ingredients:
2 tbsp Earth Balance
1/8 cup chopped pecans
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp soy creamer

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spread over brownies before baking.


I also finally used the doggy treat molds that my sister-in-law gave us in December. I made up a recipe for allergy-free treats for the Anderson. Unfortunately, I didn't record the portions of the ingredients.
Mix following ingredients together until it forms a dough that will stay together when squeezed.

powdered soy protein
nutritional yeast
canola oil
water
rosemary
liquid smoke

Press into molds and bake for 30ish minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad the treats came out well. And cute picture of Anderson!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete