Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Belgian Cafe and Family!

I have family in town this week, visiting from Connecticut. On Monday I thought it would be a good idea to meet near the Art Museum and afterward walk over to the Belgian Cafe in the Fairmount/Spring Garden neighborhood. The restaurant has a good selection of vegan and non- items, so I figured that it would be a crowd pleaser.

On my way to meeting up with the fam, I traipsed through the lovely azalea garden behind the art museum. My goodness, we've had some lovely weather this week. Seeing a bunch of folks laying out on the grass reminded me of my Krishna lunch days on the University of Florida campus. Ah nostalgia. Ah Krishna dressing.

Back to the present time and place. Look at these (assuredly non-native) pretties:


Obligatory "running up the steps" shot.


Obligatory "posing with Rocky" shot.

On to the food.

DocDufresne and I shared:

Frites (with smokey homemade ketchup)

spicy BBQ Seitan Wings

Vegan Burger

Vegan Reuben


Belgian beer:
Brasserie Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux

Lambic Framboise (Raspberry- yum, yum, yum, says the non-beer drinker)

It was so nice to eat outside on a pleasant day, especially in the company of great family! I wish we could get together more often!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm never had the Reuben.. worth trying? I can never get past the veggie wings with the vegan aioli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric! The Reuben was decent, but not a Reuben! I'm known to order a Reuben sandwich when given the option, and this wasn't nearly the best I've had. I liked the burger more, but would probably be satisfied with a basket of fries and an order of vegan wings!

    ReplyDelete