Thursday, December 1, 2011

Veggie Sushi!

Recently, my friend Carly (whom you may remember from this MoFo guest post) and I got together to plan our Thanksgiving menu.  And Thanksgiving menu planning is no good on an empty stomach, so we decided to make lunch.
 
We made a lovely assortment of veggie sushi, which included various combinations of red bell pepper, dill pickles (my favorite ingredient!), cucumber, avocado, cilantro, Tofutti cream cheese, and parsley.  In some of the rolls we used quinoa in place of the rice. 



We dipped the sushi into spicy mayo (Sriracha + Veganaise) and tamari and ate it with split pea soup and a nice spinach salad with roasted cashews and miso-tahini dressing.

A lovely lunch with lovely company!  Never made sushi before?  Check out my step-by-step instructions that I posted a while ago!


2 comments:

  1. Dill pickle sushi?! I knew I liked you. I am definitely going to check out your step-by step guide. I've always been too intimidated to make sushi myself. Quinoa in place of the rice is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic lunch! I love the idea of mixing sriracha with Vegenaise.

    ReplyDelete